Image Map

Friday, October 11, 2013

FIRST YEAR TEACHER!

 
So yes it is official I am a first year teacher finally!! I have only been out of college with a masters for 5 years. Not only am I a first year teacher I also moved 10 hours away to North Carolina. As you can imagine I will be blogging a lot about my new experiences.

Let's start with my classroom which I love!! I am all about making my room bright and colorful.


Before...

View from door entry
Front of classroom

Back corner of room
 
After....
 
 
 


 
 
 
I have to say I do love my room. As you can see I have garbage pails at each group of desk with a box of tissues which eliminates the hundreds of times the kids would get up out of their seat. It has worked amazing this year so far.
 
 

 
Here is my Alphabet and Number Posters I created with an apple theme. My room is covered in apples that I have been collecting over the past 5 years. The kids love how colorful they are and refer to them on a daily basis. The best thing about the alphabet posters is I made each letter have a picture of something the would find in a school/classroom that starts with that letter! I have these for sale in my TPT store and an Animal version as well.
 
 
 
 
 My school is an International Baccalaureate School and each grade learns about a different continent, and as you can see 2nd grade is focusing on Asia. I will get more into what an I.B. School is in another entry.

 
 
 
I am so excited to share all the new and fun things I am doing in my classroom and promise to post more frequently. I am finally settling into the postion and my new home so I have time to get back to blogging and TPTing!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment